CEREC® Dentist : Dr. Ronald Petrosky in Tuckerton, NJ
Get a new porcelain CEREC® crown from Dr. Petrosky in just 90 minutes! No additional appointments necessary.
Chairside Economical Restorations of Esthetic Ceramic (CEREC®) has revolutionized dental procedures. Traditionally, if crowns, onlays, inlays or dental veneers were required to restore damaged teeth, multiple procedures and a great deal of waiting time in-between would be inevitable. CEREC®creates these ceramic restorations within minutes in the dental office. This means that many treatments can be completed in just a single visit.
How can CEREC® benefit me? Here are some other advantages associated with CEREC®:
- No temporary restorations.
- High-quality ceramic products.
- Minimal invasiveness.
- Less injections and discomfort.
- Fewer dental visits.Cost effectiveness.
- More natural tooth is saved.
- Long lasting restorations.
- Biocompatible solutions.
What does a CEREC® restoration procedure involve?
The first step in the procedure is to prepare the tooth. Dr. Petrosky then removes all tooth decay and creates a divergent occlusal axial wall, to make the opening of the tooth wider than the base. Next, an impression is made using a covering of titanium dust. This dust allows the camera to take a highly detailed picture of the tooth. Images are formulated with the CEREC® camera. CEREC® optical imaging utilizes an infrared wavelength.
The image is transposed onto the computer screen. It is here that Dr. Petrosky is able to view the tooth from every angle and design the final restoration. When the design is complete, it is transmitted to the milling unit. The dentist chooses a block of ceramic that matches the color of the teeth. This ensures that the restoration will be almost invisible.
Within 15 minutes, the full crown, onlay, overlay or veneer is complete. The restoration is made of compressed, rather than laboratory-layered porcelain. This enhances strength and durability.
Before affixing the restoration to the tooth, Dr. Petrosky will place it dry to ensure it fits perfectly. It is then polished and affixed to the tooth with dental cement. The procedure is now complete, and all without the need for a second visit! The quality of the results is the same as the laboratory-generated restoration, but a great deal of time and money has been saved.
CROWNS – A crown is a tooth-shaped cap that is placed over a tooth to restore its shape and size, strength or improve its appearance. A crown may be needed to protect a weakened tooth from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth, to restore a broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down, or to replace old, failing restorations.
The CEREC crown provides a beautiful looking, single visit restoration. With its enamel-like material, the CEREC crown looks and feels like the real teeth. As with any CEREC restoration, your crown can be taken care of in ONE VISIT so you can avoid the impression material, temporary crown and return appointment associated with lab-generated restorations.
Ceramic Reconstruction step by step
The defective filling and decay is removed. A reflective powder layer prepares the tooth for imaging.
- An optical 3D image is acquired with a small camera, directly in your mouth.
- The restoration is created on the screen using the image data.
- Diamond coated instruments mill a ceramic block reproduce the design.
- This is accomplished during a single appointment using Computer Aided Design/Computer Aided Manufacture (CAD/CAM).
- After polishing, the new restoration fits precisely.
- A unique light hardens the bonding material, uniting porcelain and tooth.
- Polishing or glazing ensures a pleasantly smooth and natural feel.
- The color and appearance make the special ceramic material blend with your tooth.
- Perfectly bonded porcelain ensures an extremely long life for your teeth.
- Maximum strength, great looks!
After decay and old filling material is removed… The individually manufactured ceramic will be fitted exactly. Depending on severity, the whole procedure will last between one and two hours.
A treatment time of one to two hours is normal.
For more heavily compromised teeth, a traditional treatment has been a crown restoration, which can take several separate appointments.
Using the CEREC method, crown restoration is completed in a single appointment. No impressions, no temporary crowns – no need for a second injection.
Malpositioned and discolored teeth can be restored with porcelain veneers.Your tooth is adjusted and a thin layer of porcelain is bonded securely to your tooth.
Perfect looks, perfect fit make a wonderful, natural smile – all in a single appointment.
- Protects and preserves your own tooth’s structural integrity
- Ceramics are bio-compatible
- Only one appointment
- Perfect looks
- Perfect comfort
- Perfect quality
- Long lasting and durable
- Unquestionably the most cost effective restoration we have available today